Bus and coach services travelling north from Galway
Regional and National bus service overview:
- Tuam (via Cloonflush, Cloonmore, Claretuam, Caherhugh, Caherlea, Cummer, Corofin X, Anbally, Currandrum, Knockdoe, Loughgeorge, Claregalway)
- Dunmore, Milltown, Headford - Shrule - Kilmaine - Ballinrobe (via Wakefield, Horsevally, Cloughanover, Grange, Corrandulla X, Cloonboo, Ballindooley)
Bus Feda (aka Feda O'Donaill)Daily services to Sligo and Donegal.
Via Tuam, Claremorris, Knock, Charlestown, Tubbercurry, Ballinacarrow, Collooney, Sligo, Grange, Bundoran, Ballyshannon, Donegal Town, Ballybofey, Letterkenny, Kilmacrennan, Creeslough, Dunfanaghy, Falcarragh, Gortahork, Gweedore, Crolly
Sunday 8pm service leaves from Eyre Square, stop 8, opposite O'Connell's pub. All others leave from Galway Cathedral.
Also run student services from Co Mayo to Limerick which pick-up/drop-off in Oranmore.
Most services are term-time only - see their website for details, phone to confirm.
(previously called McGowans)
Run student services (Fri / Sun) between Galway (GMIT and NUIG/Cathedral) and Drumshanbo, serving Castlerea, Boyle, Elphin, Carrick-on-Shannon, Mohill and Ballinamore
TreacysRun student services to/from Ballina - Sunday and Friday only. (No website, contact them at (096)22563 for details
- From Ballymote via Gurteen, Ballaghaderreen, Loughglynn, Castlerea, Williamstown and Dunmore
- From Ballinamore via Mohill, Carrick on Shannon, Boyle, Frenchpark, Ballinagare, Castlerea, Williamstown and; Dunmore
- Route 52 - Ballina - Westport - Castlebar - Galway.
Stopping at: Ballina, Foxford, Straide, Ballyvary, Swinford, Kiltimagh, Knock, Knockmore, Pontoon, Westport, Castlebar, Breaffy, Balla, Claremorris, Ballindine, Milltown, Tuam, Partry Barracks, Ballinrobe, Kilmaine, Shrule, Headford, Claregalway
- Route 64: Galway - Knock - Sligo - Letterkenny - Derry.
Stopping at: G.M.I.T. Claregalway, Tuam, Dunmore, Cloonfad, Ballyhaunis, Milltown, Ballindine, Castlemacgarrett, Claremorris, Knock, Kilkelly, Ireland West Airport Knock, Charlestown, Curry, Tubbercurry, Ballinacarrow, Collooney, Ballisodare, Sligo, Drumcliffe, Grange, Cliffoney, Bundoran, Finner Camp, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ballybofey, Letterkenny, Newtowncunningham, Derry
- Route 422 Westport – Galway.
Stopping at: Castlebar, Partry, Ballinrobe, Kilmaine, Shrule, Headford, Breaffy, Balla, Claremorris, Ballindine, Milltown, Tuam, Claregalway
- Route 425 Galway - Mountbellew - Roscommon - Longford.
Stopping at Carnmore Cross, Cashla, Cussaun Cross, Monivea, Menlough, Glantane, Castleblakeney, Caltra, Claregalway, Loughgeorge, Turloughmore, Abbeyknockmoy, Horseleap Cross, Moylough, Mountbellew, Ballygar, Four Roads, Athleague, Roscommon, Lanesboro, Killashee
- Route 429 Galway - Castlerea
Stopping at: Claregalway, Loughgeorge, Tuam, Dunmore, Glenamaddy, Williamstown, Ballymoe, Cloonfad, Ballyhaunis, Ballinlough, Castlerea Rail Station, Ballaghaderreen
- Route 431 - Galway - Mountbellew
Stopping at Caltra, Castleblakney, Glantane, Menlough, Garbally, Abbey Cross, Monivea Cross, Roundfield, Cussaun Cross, Moor Park Gate, Cashla, Carnmore Cross and Airport, Donnellans Cross
- Route 456 Galway - Ballinrobe - Westport - Castlebar - Ballina.
Stopping at: Foxford, Straide, Ballyvary, Turlough, Knockmore, Pontoon, Castlebar, Westport, Aille, Ballyhean, Partry Barracks, Carnacon, Belcarra, Ballyglass, Hollymount, Roundfort, Sheridan’s Cross, Ballinrobe, Kilmaine, Shrule, Neale, Cong, Cross, Headford, Corrandulla, Loughgeorge, Claregalway, Clonboo
|Glencolumbkille, Co Donegal.|