Neighbourhood locations in the Knocknacarra area of Galway City, and public transport information for getting to them.
View Area map - Knocknacarra in a larger map
|1||Clybaun Hotel, NRG Fitness|
|2||Miller's Hall: PureSkill sports and recreation centre|
|3||Knocknacarra Shopping Centre / Galway Gateway Shopping Centre |
- also known as Galway West Retail Park and Galway West District Centre (but not the same as West City Retail Park in Westside):
Major tenants: Dunnes Stores B&Q, Next, New Look
|4||Knocknacarra Business Centre, also known as Galway West Business Park - Brooklawn House. Tenants include: |
|5||Joyces 365 Supermarket, and Community Centre|
|6||Knocknacarra Parish Church (St John the Apostle Roman Catholic Church)|
|7||Cappagh Park - walking areas and pitches. Knocknacarra Community Centre|
|8||St John the Apostle National School|
|9||Rahoon Business Park. Current tenants: Zeltiq |
Previously: Zenimax. Connacht Laundry / Linen Supply of Ireland / CWS Bosco
|10||Previously the Spinnaker Hotel|
|11||Salthill Caravan Park and Campground|
|12||Cappagah Stores / Kenny Group House|
|13||Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh Irish language national (primary) school|
|14||Scoil Naomh Sheosaimh / St Joseph's National School, Ballybeg|
|15||Burrenview Child Development Centre - Brothers of Charity|
|16||Cois Saile, Brothers of Charity|
|17||Coláiste na Coiribe - Irish language secondary school|
|19||Millar's Lane pitches|
|20||Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh|
Public transport directions
For Joyces 365 and Knocknacarra Church:
- Catch a 402 - Seacrest bus (see city bus details for routes and timetables).
- After the bus goes past the golf course (on the left), it makes a sharp turn to the right. Get off at the first stop (just after the turn) for the supermarket.
- A little further along that road, the bus comes to a T-intersection. Get off just before the intersection for the church, which is at the intersection.
For the Clybaun Hotel:
- Catch the 411 or 412 - Knocknacarra bus (leaves from Eyre Square/Spanish Arch, see city bus details for routes and timetables).
- Sometime after the bus goes past Rahoon Cemetery (on the right), it makes left-hand turn into Clybaun Rd. The hotel is at the first major roundabout on this road.
For the Rahoon Business Park, Retail Centre, Knocknacarra Business Centre, Pureskill and St John the Apostle National School:
- Catch the 411 or 412 - Cappagh Rd bus (leaves from Eyre Square, see city bus details for routes and timetables).
- Sometime after the bus goes past Rahoon Cemetery (on the right), it passes Rahoon Business Park on the left.
- After that, it makes left-hand turn into Br.Stiofán.
- There is a bus-stop by the back entrance to the business centre part way down this road.
- Get off a the bottom of this road for PureSkill and the Retail Centre - go down the road at the left.
- Get off at the same stop, or the one after (to be confirmed which is best) for Knocknacarra National School
- ALTERNATIVE: Catch the 405 - Rahoon bus. Get off at the last stop, which is at the Knocknacarra / Gateway retail centre.
- Catch the 411 - Knocknacarra (leaves from Eyre Square/Spanish Arch, see city bus details for routes and timetables).
See AlsoCity Bus Details - for route maps and timetables
City Bus Summary Map - for quick-links to the bus routes serving Knocknacarra
|Knocknacarra, from Ballymonneen Road|