Local bus-services in town around County Galway, and rural-transport services that serve the outlying villages and areas.
Many services operate on specific days only, and some vary their route(s) to meet passenger needs: booking is either essential, or strongly recommended.
Changes to the rural transport programmeEighteen Transport Co-ordination Units (TCUs) are being set up to coordinate bus services for people living in remote areas, and to integrate them with wider public transport services.
Details about the the TCU in Galway are available here.
- Bealach - Conamara Local Transport provider
Co-ordinates a wide range of services in the Connemara area.
- Colleran Buses - Ballinasloe
Rural transport buses serving Ballinasloe, Caltra, Ahascrag, Aughrim, Mullagh and Cappataggle once a week.
- North East Galway Rural Transport programme
Provides services to rural communities between Headford, Williamstown / Ballymoe and Ballygar in the East, including areas in between (Tuam, Glenamaddy, Moylough and Mountbellew)
- SE Galway IRD - "The Local Bus" Contact 090-9741867: Services in the Portumna / Woodford area.
These now include a Monday - Friday commuter service between Portumna and Loughrea, and daily services to Loughrea, Athlone and Ballinasloe.
Services in the Oranmore and Maree ares:
Services on Friday and Saturday to Oranmore village and Galway city.
Free-travel pass is accepted.
Services are door-to-door and must be booked one day in advance.
South East Galway
- Clare Accessible Transport provides a range of services, including some in south-east Galway (Gort, Kinvara etc): services are show on their website under North and North East.
Regional buses - for services to/from Galway City