Places-of-interest, major employers and neighbourhood facilities in the Parkmore area of Galway City, and public transport directions for each location.
Click on the map to zoom in for greater detail
View Area map - Parkmore in a larger map
|1||Parkmore West Business and Technology Park|
(aka Parkmore Industrial Estate, Parkmore West, Major workplaces include Medtronic, Creganna, MeritMedical, Celestica, Qualtech, Contech, Multis, BMR, P&O Maritime, RehabRecycle,)
|2||Parkmore East Business and Technology Park |
(aka Parkmore Business and Technology Park - East. Major employers include SAP, Fidelity, Vulcan, MicrosFidelio.)
|3||Galway Technology Park (including a Spar and restaurant, and post-box)|
|4||Racecourse Business Park|
|6||Briar Hill Business Park (Briarhill estate)|
|7||Scoil Mhuire, Brierhill / Briarhill National School / Brier Hill National School|
|8||An Post Galway Delivery Office|
|9||Hazelwood Nursing Home|
|10||Donnelan's Cross - original site of Brierhill National School|
Public Transport Directions:
Catch the 409 - Parkmore OR 403 - Ballybrit bus
(leaves from Eyre Square - see city bus details for timetable link and route map).
|SAP Building and duckpond, |
Parkmore East Business Park
- Get off at the stop AFTER BriarHill Shopping Centre.
- The Business Park is on your left.
- To reach the National School, walk back down the traffic lights, turn left, cross the road and walk for a few minutes.
For Racecourse Business Park and Ballybrit Racecourse:
- Get off at the bus-stop AFTER Briar Hill Business Park (which is on the left).
- Walk down the road on your left, near the bus-stop.
- The business park entry is on the right hand side.
- The racecourse entry is a little further down the road, on your left.
This is a a map of the racecourse: when travelling by bus, you arrive at arrive at entrance A (27 on the map) or B (15 on the map)
For Galway Technology Park, and Parkmore West and Parkmore East Business and Technology Parks, and Hazelwood Private Nursing Home:
- Get off at the SECOND bus-stop AFTER Briar Hill Business Park (which is on the left).
- Galway Technology Park is the collection of buildings immediately to to the left, beside the bus-stop. (See Galway Technology Park - site map for the layout of buildings in the park - coming soon).
- The entrance to Parkmore West and Parkmore East parks is at the roundabout just up the road from the bus-stop. West is on the left, East on the right.
For An Post's Tuam Rd Parcel Office:
This is located in the Parkmore townland, but the public transport approach is quite different. See this page for details.