Information about bus services that are specifically for tertiary students, and staff of third-level educational facilities.
A number of Galway city bus services are mainly for university, IT (institute of technology) and other 3rd level students. However if they operate as public services, they are listed on the City Bus Details page.
Services which run from other counties/towns either daily, or at weekends only for students who travel weekly are listed on the Regional Bus Services page, since they are open to the general public. Many regional morning and evening services run to or from the GMIT or NUIG campuses during term-time.
Dunaras Student Village ShuttleContracted service for resident students, between the village and NUIG, and sometimes the Cathedral - details.
Corrib Village ShuttleBus Éireann run a shuttle bus Friday afternoons and Sunday evenings - details.
Dangan Carpark ShuttleNUIG provide a shuttle bus between the Dangan car-park and the main Newcastle campus (Orbsen Building terminus).
- Mornings: A bus from leaving from every 10-15 minutes between 8:15 - 11:01am
- Lunchtime: 1:05pm from the Orbsen Building, 1:55pm from the Dangan car park
- Afternoon: A bus leaves the Orbsen Building every 10-15 minutes between 4:15pm and 7:05pm
- Night: Three trips from the Orbsen Building to the Dangan car park: the first leaves at at 10:20pm.
- Orbsen Building (terminus)
- Arts/Science Building (at the Student Carpark near the Sports Centre)
- Áras Cairnes
- Corrib Village