View Cathedral area in a larger map
|Number ||Location |
|2||Arus de Brun - Galway Diocesan Pastoral Centre|
|3||Fisheries Field - includes Macnas workshop|
|4||Earl's Island: |
Inland Fisheries Ireland (previously the Western Regional Fisheries Board)
|5||Abhain na mBradan / The Born Store|
|6||Millennium Children's playground|
|7||Cathedral House: tenants include Education and Training Board (previously VEC), Galway County Library head office.|
|8||Our Lady's College, Newtonsmith campus. Previously Mercy Secondary School / Méan Scoil Mhuire|
Public Transport Directions:
NB: This area is approximately 10 minutes walk from Eyre Square. Public transport may not be required.
Catch any of these buses, which leave from Eyre Square after coming in from the east of the city: 402 - Seacrest, 404 - Newcastle, 405 - Rahoon, 33 - Knocknacarra or 34 - Cappagh Rd. (See City Bus Details for timetables etc)
Get off at the first bus stop after the bus has crossed the river.
- The Cathedral is on your left.
- Cathedral House (FÁS public registration office, County Galway VEC offices) is a large building at the far side of the car-park beside the Cathedral.
- The lane down to Fisheries Field is immediately across the road, right beside the NUIG driveway, and Earls Island is at the top of this lane.
- The Millennium Children's Playground is past the Cathedral, over the Upper Canal bridge.
- Arus de Brun / Diocesan Pastoral Centre is back across the river: cross the bridge, turn right, and it is the second building on the left side of the road. Mercy Secondary School is beside it.
- Abhainn na mBradan is also back across the river: cross the bridge and turn right, and it's the 3+ story building on the right side of the road